Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Illustration Friday: Theater


This week I wasn't really feelin' the topic so I stretched it a bit to include the theatricality (and ridiculousness) of my everyday...

This past Friday I came home from work to find that my landlord's building "renovations" had gotten a bit out of hand. They thought it would be a good idea to roller ALL the trees in the front yard half white (and the concrete trim for that matter)... faux birch I guess... My apartment building looks completely ridiculous.
Needless to say I had to include it in a comic. I used an actual photo instead of drawing the scene just to show that I'm not making these things up.
Those poor trees will never be the same...

4 comments:

  1. LMAO!...what did the poor trees ever do to anybody!... ;D Funny cartoon! You made his shadow on the ground look really real, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! The poor trees :( People are so thoughtless with living things! That should not be allowed....Love your idea. You turned a negative into a positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha this is to funny! great pic! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my scratches and hey I am now a fan and follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete